Thursday, November 15, 2012

Response to editorial #14


The thought of nuclear technology scares me a little. Thinking back to how destructive the Japanese were to Pearl Harbor, and to think with this new technology it could have been much much worse. If these nuclear weapons were used in war it would get bad, fast. In my opinion we are better off not having these. If America got them other countries would to and we would be at risk. If we did develop this to a usable form I would hope the other countries would not do the same. With these I have also taken into consideration that by dropping them they could end up taking civilians lives as well which is not what we want or what they were made for. Using them in war would wipe out to many people. I hope America makes the right decision.

~Maggie Nightingale