Sunday, November 11, 2012

Dwight Eisenhower-Unspeakable

War is hell. Anyone who has served in any war know this. In war people see sides of people that they would've never known about. Serving through war I  have seen many disturbing things. Disturbing unspeakable things that i hate to think of. In the month of April I witnessed something that rocked me to my core. Something that is to sinister to even think anyone could do in todays world. My soldiers and I discovered camps. Concentration camps where workers were forced to work as hard as they could until they died. We discovered death camps where prisoners had no food and no water and were slaughtered like cattle. The main prisoners in these camps seemed to mostly be people of the Jewish faith, Gypsies, and Homosexuals. We saved as many survivors as we could and tried our best to keep them healthy. Many did not make it. Fellow Americans do one thing for me- give your family a great big hug tonight and appreciate everything you have.


                                                                             - Dwight D. Eisenhower
                                                                               Supreme Commander of Allied Forces