Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Editorial #12- Markus Engel

     The Battle of the Bulge sounds horrid.  It must be terrible being in the snow all day.  It gets intensely cold in Bastogne this time of year.  Here at Einsatzgruppen it isn't any better, there is snow everywhere and it is freezing.  I can't feel my toes and fingers most of the time.  It must be very hard on the prisoners too, they barely have clothes on to keep them warm.  Anyway, back to Bastogne.  They have to stay in cold and fight, not knowing when the stalemate will end.  That is probably one of the hard parts of the battle. I hear that many of the German soldiers are having a hard time fighting in that kind of weather.  I know I would not want to be in battle in that freezing cold.  I hope that they find a way to stay warm and keep away from frostbite or any other illnesses that could harm them.  
                                     -Markus Engel, Gesundheit zu Hitler